Wednesday 29 April 2020

Game # 10 : On hold

I'm quite surprised. I actually am finding doing this rather, well, boring.

It's a bit like manually translating a foreign language using an encylopaedia. It's not particularly difficult, it won't come out that well, and in this situation I don't think it's really worth it.

So Game#10, which is basically a Port of the game, is being dropped. Not quite sure what I'm doing yet, but I might actually produce something which is a homage to it or similar ARPGs, but not actually the same game literally. Either way, it's time for a rethink.

The one upside is that as you can probably guess, this is produced randomly. And I hadn't realised quite how dreadful the LFSR based random number generator I was using is. So that's been thrown away and replaced by one I found on the net based on shift-XOR ing which seems way way better. The Random generator is actually part of the Kernel, so this is not a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking change

We all make mistakes. One early mistake I made was copying (partly) the old thing in Microsoft BASIC where you didn't have to declare ...